Pumpkin spice gets a lot of hate because of the sugary lattes, but the spice blend itself is a really nice mix of warming herbs that make you feel cozy. They’re also meant to bring some flavor to pumpkins, which, to be honest, is a pretty bland squash.
Smoking powdered herbs is a treat and shouldn’t be done regularly, but this is a special day so treat yo’ self! I prefer to grind all of the spices individually in a mortar and pestle so I can get a coarser grind, because the last thing you want to do is inhale fine, burning powder. Larger bits will also make for more flavor. Pre-blended pumpkin spice is fine to use here too, but either way you’ll want to be sure to use a tight filter.
Our Signature Smoke blend with a base of damiana is perfect for this recipe. Damiana is high in a woodsy terpene called cadinene which provides the ideal base note for the pumpkin spice flavors, which you'll taste the most when exhaling. And if you want to get even more nerdy with it, a cannabis strain high in caryophyllene is best for extra, black peppery-ness that complements this warming formula.
PUMPKIN SPICE HERBAL SMOKING BLEND RECIPE
- 1 part cannabis or hemp flower
- 1 part Puff Herbals Signature Smoke blend OR 1/2 part damiana, 1/2 part mullein
- 1/2 part pumpkin spice blend: ground clove, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice
- 1 cassia cinnamon stick (optional, for flair)
1. Grind cannabis and add in herbal blend. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
2. Blend together equal parts of the pumpkin spices into coarse powder.
3. Combine cannabis and herbal blend with pumpkin spice blend. Stir and toss to ensure even coating
4. Add to your rolling papers of bowl, and be sure to use a filter!
5. Optional: If rolling, insert filter tip into a cassia cinnamon stick for added flavor and flair.
6. Light up and say something you're thankful for before each puff. Best enjoyed with loved ones!